It’s the simply truth: Australia needs trucks. Things need to be move from A to B, from B to C and back again. But right now, needs are not being met. As a country, we need more people to help get us moving, and that’s why the Australian federal government, and the Victorian state government have organised subsidies for vehicle training programs, such as the ones offered at Yugo. This program is called the Victorian Skills Gateway, and helps people get their training, and get to work as movers and shakers all over this Great Southern Land.
This subsidy will cover some of your fees, determined based on the hours undertaken in your training.
So, why should you take on training in heavy vehicle operation under this program?
- You’re never too old to learn! You don’t need to be in your 20s to be a student, or to be eligible for the government subsidy!
- Especially if you’re out of a job, or in the process of changing career, extra cash never hurts!
- You will be helping meet a need for Australia: Australia needs trucks! We need you!
So, how do you know if you are eligible for this funding?
There are a few basic requirements you need to have upfront.
- Are you an Australian citizen, or a permanent visa holder? Are you a citizen of New Zealand?
- Is your highest qualification a high school certificate?
- Is this your first time seeking financial assistance at this level of training?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, you may be eligible for a government funded truck licence! Contact one of Melbourne’s most reputable truck driving schools to see if this is you!